In Custody Death
Fort Worth Police Dept
More Today's News:
ߦ   The Deprived - Innocent on Death Row
ߦ   National Crime Victims Rights Week
ߦ   "Wing Stop Robbery Crew" Sentenced for Roles in Multiple Armed Crimes Committed Within Two Weeks
ߦ   Aggravated Assault with Deadly Weapon – Family Violence
ߦ   Calif. LE says governor's halt on death penalty is an insult to victims
ߦ   Calif. university students call for disarming campus police
ߦ   Chinese National Who Threatened to Shoot School Children Sentenced to Prison
ߦ   Colorado trooper struck, killed by vehicle during blizzard
ߦ   Convicted Felon Handed Federal Prison Term for Illegal Firearms Charge
ߦ   Daily Bulletin
ߦ   Ex-Bank Vice President Convicted of Bank Embezzlement/Fraud
ߦ   Fatal Train Pedestrian Accident
ߦ   FBI Seeks "Routine Robber" for Two Houston Bank Robberies
ߦ   Former Supervisor at Louisiana Correctional Facility Pleads Guilty to Violating Civil Rights of Five Inmates
ߦ   Galveston Police Officer Arrested
ߦ   Local Man Sentenced for Fraud and ID Theft
ߦ   Man faces Murder charge in Pleak shooting
ߦ   Police arrest dad who brought AK-47 Mini Draco to school
ߦ   Richmond PD Hosting Coffee with a Cop Program
ߦ   Robstown Man Receives Significant Sentence for Child Pornography Conviction
ߦ   Special Crime Alert
ߦ   TxDOT Joins Statewide Effort To End Human Trafficking
ߦ   U.S. Attorney Uses Civil and Criminal Authorities to Shut Down Drug-Infested Hotel
ߦ   IN MEMORIAM - Willie E. Branch, Jr.
ߦ   Burnet County Inmate/Arrest Report
ߦ   Deputies Investigate Homicide at Payne Road
ߦ   Former Border Patrol Agent Sentenced to More Than Nine Years in Prison for Accepting Bribes to Facilitate the Trafficking of Illegal Drugs

   Next >>
Search Archives:
For Immediate Release

 August 2, 2018

FORT WORTH, Texas -  On Thursday, July 26, 2018, at 9:33 P.M., Fort Worth Police Communications received a prowler call in the 3300 block of Griggs Ave. The caller reported an unknown male armed with a gun was attempting to break into the residence.  The responding officers encountered the male who was armed with a pipe.  The officers safely detained the male without resistance or incident.  After being placed in handcuffs, he began to complain of medical issues. The male was placed into a patrol vehicle, but no medical attention was summoned to the scene while officers conducted further investigation.  At that time, he was conscious and responded to officers’ basic questions.  
     Upon completing their interviews with witnesses, the male was found unresponsive inside the patrol vehicle.  Officers immediately began providing medical aid and called for an ambulance.  The male was later pronounced deceased at JPS Hospital.
     The Fort Worth Police Department Major Case and Internal Affairs Unit(s) are conducting concurrent reviews and fact finding into this critical police incident.  The involved officers have been temporarily reassigned to administrative duties.  This investigation has been preliminarily reviewed by the Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney’s Office.
     We have been in close contact with the family of the decedent and they expressed the need for privacy and patience during the investigative process.  Additional information will be available as the incident progresses through the legal/administrative process.  

Post a comment
Email Address: (must be a valid address)
(will not be published or shared)
Comments: (plain text only)
Printer Friendly Format  Printer Friendly Format    Send to a Friend  Send to a Friend    RSS Feed  RSS Feed
© 1999-2019 The Police News. All rights reserved.