NOW HIRING: Certified Police Officers and Police Cadets
The City of Pearland is growing rapidly offering new hires the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic community. Pearland is a city on the rise and has been recognized as the 3rd largest city in the Houston Metro area and the fastest growing city in Brazoria County. Pearland is proud to have been recognized as the 5th safest Texas city with a crime rate below the national average as reported by Congressional Quarterly in 2012. Pearland is south of Houston and the city has jurisdiction within Brazoria, Harris and Fort Bend Counties. The population has exploded since 2000 and now boasts a total of 105,200 residents. In addition to a plentiful number of neighborhoods, the police department services large commercial and retail areas along the State Highways 288 corridor and along Broadway St. The Pearland Police Department currently has 149 sworn police positions.
The Pearland Police Department offers an extremely competitive compensation package for all positions and jobs.
Classified Position Openings
The City of Pearland will be hosting an entry level Civil Service Exam for the position of Police Officer / Police Cadet. Applicants must submit applications online.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Applicants must have 30 semester hours of college with a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher or
- 15 semester hours of college with a cumulative G.P.A of 2.0 or higher with Basic Peace Officer Certification by T.C.O.L.E., or
- Honorable Discharge after two years of military service
- Copy of HS Diploma (or GED), Driver License, and certificate reflecting highest level of education must accompany the application. A copy of the DD214 showing honorable discharge with at least 180 consecutive days of duty service (for veterans’ preference), must be submitted with the application.
Applicants interested in finding out their status can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are not hired for the following reasons:
1. Failed Agility Test
2. Failed to Submit Background Packet
3. Did Not Pass Background
4. Did Not Pass Psychological
Status inquirers can only be advised of one of the above disqualifiers.
Physical Agility Test
One of the most difficult portions of pre-employment testing is the Physical Agility Test. The details of this portion of testing are freely available by clicking here. Applicants MUST take this portion of testing seriously. If you are serious about becoming a Pearland Police Officer, SERIOUSLY PREPARE. Regular exercise that includes same or similar tasks outlined in the PAT handout is the best way to prepare for the Physical Agility Test. Thinking, "I can do this," or, "The day of the test adrenaline will carry me..." are indicators that you will not pass. SERIOUSLY PREPARE. Click here for details of the Physical Agility Test.
Click here to contact a recruiter.
The Pearland Police Department is Proud to be a Civil Service Agency.
Current Pay Plan