Violence Reduction Initiative: Harwood Neighborhood
Baltimore, MD
   
 
More Today's News:
ߦ   Constables Arrest Drug Wrong Way Driver
ߦ   Former deputy convicted of on-duty sexual assault
ߦ   Former FBI Agent Sentenced for Leaking Classified Information
ߦ   Former Webb County Commissioner Convicted
ߦ   Law enforcement is 'most dangerous job'
ߦ   Man Charged in Seven-Count Federal Indictment with Threat to Use a Biological Toxin as a Weapon
ߦ   New Orleans Man Pleads Guilty to Hate Crime in Shooting of Three Black Men Attempting to Evacuate After Hurricane Katrina
ߦ   Piece of Corpus Christi police history makes its way home
ߦ   Sheriff Investigates Abandoned Child
ߦ   Sheriff Investigating Shooting Deaths
ߦ   Social media images led to fatal home invasion
ߦ   Three Park Patrol Officers Sentenced for Deprivation of Civil Rights by Intentionally Making False Arrests
ߦ   TMPA attorney wins appeal for Mission officer
ߦ   DEA to kick off annual Red Ribbon Campaign
ߦ   Harris County DA Office regarding Darian Ward
ߦ   LCPD looking for driver in fatal motorcyle accident
ߦ   2-year-old girl mauled to death by family dog in Alvin
ߦ   City of La Porte Appoints a New Police Chief
ߦ   Driver ran red light, T-boned police officer downtown
ߦ   ICE Texas deports fugitive MS-13 member wanted for aggravated homicide
ߦ   Man with history of abuse to spend decades behind bars
ߦ   SAPD officer hospitalized after being struck by vehicle while directing traffic
ߦ   Coast Guard prepares for Hurricane Michael
ߦ   Federal agent dies in accident on way home from training
ߦ   29th Interpol Wildlife Crime Working Group Meeting
ߦ   Adopt a Shelter Dog Month
ߦ   Burnet County Inmate/Arrests Report
ߦ   Charges dropped against cop falsely accused of assault
ߦ   Child Advocates of Fort Bend Announces 2018 Christmas Home Tour Neighborhoods
ߦ   Domestic Violence Candlelight Vigil Oct. 18
ߦ   Fort Bend County Trial Information
ߦ   Houston Hospital Administrator Convicted of Health Care Fraud for Role in $16 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme
ߦ   IACP Quick Take: How to weed out morale killing behaviors in your agency
ߦ   Join City Councilmembers for Bike to City Hall Day on October 17
ߦ   Pearland Police Dept. Bulletin

   Next >>
 
Search Archives:

VRI

Mayor Pugh walks with City agency leaders, community leaders, and Police District commanders in the Harwood neighborhood on Greenmount Avenue
Each and every day of the work week, leaders from every City agency join me in meeting with Police District Commanders as part of our Violence Reduction Initiative (VRI) to identify and develop solutions to neighborhood issues that have the potential to lead to violence and crime. Once a week we walk throughout a specific neighborhood to meet with community leaders and residents to see first-hand the problems that threaten the safety of citizens and their quality of life. This initiative, along with our bi-monthly “Call to Action” meetings, is leading to clear and positive results. Crime continues to decline in every category: homicides are down 20%; non-fatal shootings are down 12%, overall violent crime is down 16%, burglaries are down 28%, and aggravated assaults are down 12%. Overall, total crime in the City is down 17% compared to the same period last year. We will continue to be relentless in our efforts to reduce crime and create a City worthy of all our citizens.
Post a comment
Name/Nickname:
(required)
Email Address: (must be a valid address)
(will not be published or shared)
Comments: (plain text only)
Printer Friendly Format  Printer Friendly Format    Send to a Friend  Send to a Friend    RSS Feed  RSS Feed
  Facebook   Share link on Twitter Tweet  
© 1999-2018 The Police News. All rights reserved.