Taylor PD awarded state grant to begin a Victim Services Program
Taylor, Texas
   
 
More Today's News:
ߦ   NATIONWIDE EMERGENCY ALERT TESTING HAS BEEN POSTPONED
ߦ   Calif. officer dies after medical emergency at home
ߦ   Georgia police chief killed during pursuit
ߦ   Deputy killed by gunfire, 2nd wounded
ߦ   Kan. deputy fatally shot during arrest
ߦ   Best TV News Bloopers August 2018
ߦ   DPS Offers Increased Reward, Seeks Leads in 1980 Cold Case
ߦ   Ex-Iowa State golfer found dead at course; suspect charged with her murder
ߦ   Galveston Police Arrest Negligent Bartenders in Connection with June Fatal Crash
ߦ   Heated Santa Fe ISD meeting highlights contention between parents and school board
ߦ   Houston Fire Dept - Activity Summary
ߦ   Houston Police Dept - Activity Summary
ߦ   Illegal Alien MS-13 Member Convicted of Assaulting a Federal Witness, Drug Distribution, Immigration and Firearms Violations
ߦ   Inside the SWAT team that took down the Austin bomber
ߦ   Man claims to be police officer after storming into Houston home, officials say
ߦ   Pearland Police Dept - Arrest Bulletin 09/10-16/2018
ߦ   Reckless motorcyclist wrecks out at busy Friendswood intersection
ߦ   Sheriff: Ky. deputy sustained 'life-changing' injuries in rest stop shooting
ߦ   Texas TV news and radio job moves August 2018
ߦ   Young Juveniles Arrested Following PCT 5 Investigation into Numerous Aggravated Robberies and Thefts
ߦ   Border Patrol Agent Charged With 4 Murders
ߦ   Cicero cop shot by parolee from California, prosecutors say
ߦ   Constables Arrest Felon For Theft Of A Firearm
ߦ   Deputy constable bitten while capturing dog that attacked boy, officials say
ߦ   DPS Issues Statement on Death of Retired DPS Colonel Thomas Davis
ߦ   Houston Police Dept - Call Response Summary
ߦ   Houston teen charged with killing NFL player dad and mom in Bellaire blames prostitution ring
ߦ   IN MEMORIAM - William Jesse Werner
ߦ   Kansas sheriff's deputy shot, killed in line of duty
ߦ   Mississippi dispatcher brutally beaten while on duty at police department, cops say
ߦ   Richmond Police Investigating Shooting at Local Apartment Complex
ߦ   Undercover officer shot in head during attempted bar robbery
ߦ   Data Collection and Unsecured Systems Could Pose Risks to Students
ߦ   Family Dollar clerk in Bacliff catches man exposing himself to girl
ߦ   Galveston Man Arrested for Cruelty to Animals, Tampering with Physical Evidence, & Terroristic Threats

   Next >>
 
Search Archives:
<b>Call (409) 632-0042 For Rates & Availabilities
Call (409) 632-0042 For Rates & Availabilities

TAYLOR, Texas – The Taylor Police Department (TPD) has been awarded a grant for more than $73,000 from the Office of the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division to help fund a new position of Victim Services Coordinator. The purpose of the Victim Services Program is to provide assistance directly to victims of crime to speed their recovery and aid them through the criminal justice process.

 

The grant will fund 80% of the total project cost, with Taylor providing the remaining 20 percent of the total project cost of cash or in-kind contributions, as required by the grant guidelines, equal to $18,264. TPD received notice in September that it was successful in its grant application, which was written by Beth Wilkes, Support Services Administrator.

 

The annual grant allows TPD to support victims of crime by filling system gaps and promote innovative solutions to common problems. Services may include the following:  responding to the emotional and physical needs of crime victims, assist them in stabilizing their lives after victimization, help them navigate through the Criminal Justice System and its public proceedings as a result of the crime, provide strategies to avoid re-victimization and break the cycle of violence, and to provide victims with a safety plan.

 

“We are pleased to be able to hire for this new position,” said TPD Chief Henry Fluck. “This grant funded position will allow us to improve our services to the residents of Taylor who need it the most:  victims of violent crime. City Council approved our efforts last February to submit the grant application, as well as our future applications for 2018 and 2019.”

 

Costs associated with the Victim Services Coordinator job will decrease in subsequent years, as outlay for initial items, such as a computer, office equipment, and furniture, are set-up expenses in the initial year.         

 

The Victim Services Coordinator position is posted and any qualified applicants may apply via the Taylor Human Resources Department. TPD hopes to have someone hired to begin work in November.

Post a comment
Name/Nickname:
(required)
Email Address: (must be a valid address)
(will not be published or shared)
Comments: (plain text only)
Printer Friendly Format  Printer Friendly Format    Send to a Friend  Send to a Friend    RSS Feed  RSS Feed
  Facebook   Share link on Twitter Tweet  
© 1999-2018 The Police News. All rights reserved.