The Premiere Website For Police News In Texas

          
The Most Viewed Police News Website In Texas

 
Click To Visit Me On Facebook

 

 

Family of man who died from being pinned by stove files lawsuit
Galveston
   
 
More Today's News:
ߦ   Waller County plant fire extinguished, but questions remain
ߦ   After losing 8 cops to the Fort Worth Police Department, Dallas will see 6 more go west
ߦ   Are your officers guardians or warriors?
ߦ   Austin officers kill 2 overnight, including person who killed hotel guest
ߦ   Coast Guard rescues 6 after boat capsizes off Bay City
ߦ   Coast Guard searches for missing man off Port Aransas, Texas
ߦ   Confederate flag supporters drive from Houston to Galveston
ߦ   Dad Takes Matters Into His Own Hands After Finding Missing Daughter With THIS Man [WATCH]
ߦ   Drunk Driving Among Students & Teens – A Cheat Sheet
ߦ   Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers - Special Crime Alert! [PHOTOS]
ߦ   Gunman who killed San Francisco woman had been deported five times
ߦ   Police K-9 Dies After AC in Cruiser Fails
ߦ   Reported Drowning in Far North Fort Worth
ߦ   Security guard found shot dead in Houston parking lot
ߦ   Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]

   Next >>
 
Search Archives:
July 16, 2013 10:01 AM

GALVESTON -- The children of a man who died last year at a beachside home he was renting in Galveston have filed a lawsuit.
 
According to recent court papers filed July 10 in Galveston County District Court, 76-year-old David Holden Glasser died on Jan. 4, 2012, from asphyxiation as a result of being pinned by the stove.

The Home Depot USA Inc., Hudak & Dawson Construction Co. Inc., AB Sea Sales & Rentals Inc., Morgan Anderson and William T. Etheredge III, doing business as Etheredge Property Management, are named defendants in the case.
 
Glasser’s estate blames Home Depot and Hudak & Dawson for improperly installing thestove as well as failing to comply with applicable safety codes when designing and constructing the kitchen while it faults Etheredge, Anderson and AB Sea Sales of renting the unit in question to the decedent “when it was not in a tenantable condition and was unreasonably dangerous.”
 
“The conduct of the defendants, in the design and construction of the stove relative to the island and failing to inspect for any dangerous conditions is a serious violation and was not only ordinary negligence but gross negligence,” the original petition says.
 
Consequently, Glasser’s survivors seek unspecified monetary damages.
 
They are represented by attorney Alton C. Todd of The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd in Friendswood.
 
Galveston County 122nd District Court Judge John Ellisor is presiding over the case.

Source: Southeast Texas Record



Comments:
It's an article, but doesn't say exactly what happened in-as-much as to how the deceased was pinned by the stove. Did it fall on him? How heavy was this stove. Was it a full sized kitchen stove, or one of those little two or three burner stoves. Gas, or electric? Asphyxiation is usually choking, lack of oxygen.Not criticing writer report. It just seems that a few more details would negate queries.
Have a good day and thanks for all you do for law-enforcement.
This story was written from court documents. That information was not included. We assume that will be brought out in court. We cannot report information that is not available. Editor
Posted by docmo at 7/18/2013 6:52:48 AM

Post a comment
Name/Nickname:
(required)
Email Address: (must be a valid address)
(will not be published or shared)
Comments: (plain text only)
Printer Friendly Format  Printer Friendly Format    Send to a Friend  Send to a Friend    RSS Feed  RSS Feed
  Share   Share link on Twitter Tweet   Shared 1 times
© 1999-2015 The Police News. All rights reserved.