Entry Level Police Officer - City of Seabrook, Texas
CITY OF SEABROOK
|Position Title: POLICE OFFICER - ENTRY LEVEL|
|Position Type: Police
|Closing Date: 9/20/2013
This position is a full time position with the Seabrook Police Department, a civil service department. In this entry level position, an employee is considered a "Probationary Employee" under civil service rules for a period of one year. During the probationary period, an employee will thoroughly complete all training exercises as assigned in a timely and efficient manner under the direction of a Field Training Officer. In the final training stages, an officer will work alone by performing acceptably the basic tasks of a Police Officer.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Patrols City streets to detect and deter crime; answers calls for service, including fire, alarm, traffic accidents, medical emergencies, civil matters, and traffic hazards.
- Directs and escorts traffic, operates traffic radar monitoring equipment.
- Conducts traffic stops.
- Documents and reports crimes and offenses on a public safety computer system.
- Checks businesses for secure doors and windows; checks homes for citizens on vacation.
- Processes prisoners, including fingerprinting, photographing, enduring magistrate warnings by a judge, approving city bonds, searching prisoners, recording and securing the prisoner’s property, and transporting prisoners to an appropriate facility.
- Collects, handles, packages, and deposits all evidence.
- Testifies in court.
- Maintains assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Investigates reports of criminal activity, interviews victims and witnesses.
- Remain current on laws and procedures required by the Department.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, including days, evenings and nights on a rotating basis.
- Must be able to work Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Each employee of the City of Seabrook is identified by the City to be part of the emergency response team before, during and/or after any emergency or disaster. Essential personnel are required to work before, during and/or immediately after an emergency or disaster.
- Arrives at work on time, maintains a regular and reliable level of attendance.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of city geography.
- Knowledge of required law enforcement training and standards.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
- Knowledge of police methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of the tools and techniques of criminal investigations.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in the use of law enforcement vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge and ability to operate issued and allowable weapons to enforce law, detain suspects or protect life of self or others in situations that justify the use of force or deadly force.
- Skill in oral and written communication with the ability to render accurate oral and written reports of accidents, incidents, and violations of the law.
Age : 21-44
Education : High School Diploma or GED
Additional Requirement :|
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- No experience requirements.
- Minimum age 21 at time of hire.
- US Citizen.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Current Basic TCLEOSE Certification with the ability to maintain required training and licensing under regulations of TCLEOSE.
- After receiving a conditional employment offer, complete a drug screen and a medical examination certifying ability to perform major job duties and physical demands.
- After receiving a conditional employment offer, complete a polygraph exam and a psychological screening.
- Have and maintain a clear criminal record under guidelines set by the Chief of Police.
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated with a good driving record.
|Entry Level Salary: $41296 annual|
CITY OF SEABROOK
1700 FIRST ST
SEABROOK, Texas 77586
© 1999-2015 The Police News. All rights reserved.