The Premiere Website For Police News In Texas

          
The Most Viewed Police News Website In Texas

 
Click To Visit Me On Facebook

 

 

Family of man who died from being pinned by stove files lawsuit
Galveston
   
 
More Today's News:
ߦ   Girl Missing In Galveston Surf Identified - Video
ߦ   Amber Alert - Houston
ߦ   Attorney General Announces $6 Million Settlement with Credit Reporting Agencies
ߦ   Bryan Police Chief Swears In New Officer - PHOTO
ߦ   Burnet County Sheriff's Office Inmate Arrests Summary
ߦ   Corpus Christi Police Investigate Cheyenne St. Homicide
ߦ   Corpus Christi Police Patrol Report 05/29/2015
ߦ   Crime Stoppers Reward Offered In Fort Bend Murder Case
ߦ   Fatal Crash at 7500 South Freeway In Houston
ߦ   Flooded roadways slow traffic; Dallas urges extreme caution
ߦ   Fort Bend County warrant sweep a success
ߦ   Four Charged In League City Drug Bust - MUG SHOTS
ߦ   Fugitive Commits Suicide As Officers Attempt To Execute Warrant
ߦ   Harris County Constable Mark Herman Announces Promotions
ߦ   Helotes Woman Sentenced For Importing Crystal Meth
ߦ   Investigation Into Dead Man Found at 1111 E. Loop N. In Houston
ߦ   Lawmakers should end ‘pick a pal’ grand jury system
ߦ   Man attempts to abduct a child in Greatwood subdivision
ߦ   Man Gets Life in Prison for Killing 79-Year-Old Woman
ߦ   Man Jailed In Fatal Houston Shooting At 10000 Fondren
ߦ   Mandatory evacuation issued for Wharton residents as Colorado River flooding looms [VIDEO]
ߦ   Nearly 78,000 Service Members to Begin to Begin Receiving $60 Million Under Department of Justice Settlement with Navient for Overcharging on Student Loans
ߦ   New Orleans Man Charged With Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud and Conspiracy to Commit Trademark Counterfeiting Using the “Silk Road” Online Marketplace
ߦ   Participate in HUD's Father’s Day Initiative
ߦ   Plano Police Search For Man Who Attempted Bank Robbery- PHOTOS
ߦ   Protect It or Someone May Steal Your Stuff
ߦ   Registration for the annual Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office Kids & Cops Summer Camps is underway
ߦ   Sheriff's Office providing extra security for the Simonton area
ߦ   Surveillance Video Of Bryan Walmart Check Fraud
ߦ   Surveilland Video Of Houston Shooting At 4460 South MacGregor
ߦ   Texas Bar Foundation funds video series for Texas students on principles of U.S. Constitution
ߦ   Three Jailed In Robbery By Firearms
ߦ   Update on Floods in the City of Dallas
ߦ   Williamson County Judge Pleads Guilty To Gun-Running
ߦ   Women Robbed Outside Bryan Apartment Complex

   Next >>
 
Search Archives:
July 16, 2013 10:01 AM

GALVESTON -- The children of a man who died last year at a beachside home he was renting in Galveston have filed a lawsuit.
 
According to recent court papers filed July 10 in Galveston County District Court, 76-year-old David Holden Glasser died on Jan. 4, 2012, from asphyxiation as a result of being pinned by the stove.

The Home Depot USA Inc., Hudak & Dawson Construction Co. Inc., AB Sea Sales & Rentals Inc., Morgan Anderson and William T. Etheredge III, doing business as Etheredge Property Management, are named defendants in the case.
 
Glasser’s estate blames Home Depot and Hudak & Dawson for improperly installing thestove as well as failing to comply with applicable safety codes when designing and constructing the kitchen while it faults Etheredge, Anderson and AB Sea Sales of renting the unit in question to the decedent “when it was not in a tenantable condition and was unreasonably dangerous.”
 
“The conduct of the defendants, in the design and construction of the stove relative to the island and failing to inspect for any dangerous conditions is a serious violation and was not only ordinary negligence but gross negligence,” the original petition says.
 
Consequently, Glasser’s survivors seek unspecified monetary damages.
 
They are represented by attorney Alton C. Todd of The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd in Friendswood.
 
Galveston County 122nd District Court Judge John Ellisor is presiding over the case.

Source: Southeast Texas Record



Comments:
It's an article, but doesn't say exactly what happened in-as-much as to how the deceased was pinned by the stove. Did it fall on him? How heavy was this stove. Was it a full sized kitchen stove, or one of those little two or three burner stoves. Gas, or electric? Asphyxiation is usually choking, lack of oxygen.Not criticing writer report. It just seems that a few more details would negate queries.
Have a good day and thanks for all you do for law-enforcement.
This story was written from court documents. That information was not included. We assume that will be brought out in court. We cannot report information that is not available. Editor
Posted by docmo at 7/18/2013 6:52:48 AM

Post a comment
Name/Nickname:
(required)
Email Address: (must be a valid address)
(will not be published or shared)
Comments: (plain text only)
Printer Friendly Format  Printer Friendly Format    Send to a Friend  Send to a Friend    RSS Feed  RSS Feed
  Share   Share link on Twitter Tweet   Shared 1 times
© 1999-2015 The Police News. All rights reserved.